Why didn't the Administration want to investigate the crime—
. . . before going to war?
And then why was any investigation afterwards—
. . . stonewalled and blocked ?
Bush asks Daschle to limit Sept. 11 probes
January 29, 2002
WASHINGTON (CNN) --President Bush personally asked Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle Tuesday to limit the congressional investigation into the events of September 11, congressional and White House sources told CNN.
Hill Panel, CIA-Led Group Fight Over Sept. 11 Papers
Classified Information Sought on Saudis, Al Qaeda
By Dana Priest
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 1, 2003; Page A10
Families Of 9/11 Victims May Get Answers When Classified Government Records Release
September 7, 2021 4:35 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
The families are suing Saudi Arabia for what they believe was the kingdom's role in helping the 19 hijackers, 15 of whom were Saudi. ... The defining government investigation into the attacks remains the 9/11 Commission report published in 2004. Page 172 is pretty clear. Commissioners found, quote, "no credible evidence that any person in the United States gave the hijackers substantial financial assistance." They also didn't find any evidence that any foreign government or foreign government official supplied any funding..... In the years since, that further work has largely honed in on one issue - how could the hijackers, many of whom couldn't speak English and had never set foot in the West, get bank accounts, apartments, driver's licenses, navigate America so easily without help? ... Families have fought for years to get records released from the FBI and other agencies. .... Families are hoping most of all for a 16-page file from an FBI investigation called Operation Encore.
‘Set up to fail’: The tortured history of the 9/11 Commission
By Michael S. Rosenwald
February 17, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. EST
Former New Jersey governor Thomas H. Kean (R) and former congressman Lee H. Hamilton (D-Ind.), the chair and vice chair, respectively, of the 9/11 Commission, laid out the repeated roadblocks they faced in their 2006 book “Without Precedent: The Inside Story of the 9/11 Commission.” The title of Chapter 1: “SET UP TO FAIL.”
9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon Allegations Brought to Inspectors General
By Dan Eggen
August 2, 2006
These and other discrepancies did not become clear until the commission, forced to use subpoenas, obtained audiotapes from the FAA and NORAD, officials said. The agencies' reluctance to release the tapes -- along with e-mails, erroneous public statements and other evidence -- led some of the panel's staff members and commissioners to believe that authorities sought to mislead the commission and the public about what happened on Sept. 11.
"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described," John Farmer, a former New Jersey attorney general who led the staff inquiry into events on Sept. 11, said in a recent interview. "The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years. . . . This is not spin. This is not true."
Mukasey: 9/11 bill will hurt US more than it helps families
October 01, 2016 - 5:37
Former attorney general shows concern that legislation will open the U.S. to lawsuits from other countries
Judge Michael Mukasey, former Attorney General: "They found no evidence of Saudi government involvement or the involvement of senior Saudi officials...those 28 pages don't support any claim that the Saudi government was involved ---- and the notion that we somehow withheld that would require you to believe that two Presidents [Bush and Obama] and the whole intelligence apparatus of the United States was involved in a massive coverup conspiracy."
U.S. Officials Hampering Sept. 11 Probe
Lack of Cooperation From U.S. Officials Hampering Independent Probe of Sept. 11 Terror Attacks
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON July 9 —
A lack of cooperation from the Bush administration could hamper an independent inquiry into the Sept. 11 terror attacks, the commission's leaders say.
National Public Radio
Biden Declassifies Secret FBI Report Detailing Saudi Nationals' Connections To 9/11
September 12, 2021 3:31 AM ET
LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: It was called Operation Encore - a secret FBI investigation into connections between Saudi Arabia and the hijackers who carried out the attacks on 9/11. The families of the victims have wanted to see a 16-page document that summarized that investigation for years. And last night, they got it. The Biden administration made it public, or at least a redacted version of it, and it tells a complicated story and offers a fuller picture of the help that some of the hijackers received in this country earlier than official accounts....
SULLIVAN: Operation Encore was an FBI investigation that took a new look at the planning of the 9/11 attacks - I mean, specifically whether the hijackers had the help of the Saudi Arabian government. And at the end of it, agents put together this 16-page report. And the document does not draw a link between the Saudi government and the attacks or come to any conclusion on that, but it does add some new details that change how we understand how the attacks took place - I mean, namely how 19 hijackers, most of whom were Saudi and did not speak English or had spent any time in the West, pulled it off without help. The most authoritative report on 9/11 is still the 9/11 commission report published in 2004, which left many of these questions unanswered.
GARCIA-NAVARRO: So how were these findings different in this new report?
SULLIVAN: So the 2004 report has these two main characters who are depicted in this almost sort of positive light. There's this one man, a Saudi government employee who allegedly stumbled into this chance meeting with the hijackers in a restaurant. He's described as gregarious and almost pro-American. This new report finds that that meeting was pre-planned and orchestrated and that he had multiple ties to extremists. He told a witness that the Islamic community was at jihad with the United States. And there's also this other man with Saudi diplomatic status in Los Angeles who comes across very different. The original investigation found no evidence that he provided any assistance. This new report found that he tasked an associate with helping hijackers. And it describes them - you know, he described them as very significant people, and this is more than a year before the attacks. The new report also basically found both men were just one or two people away from others on what was basically, like, a phone tree of known international terrorists.
SULLIVAN: .... The victims' families believe that this report vindicates what they've been saying, which is not only that there were Saudi nationals with government status that helped the hijackers but also that the U.S. government has had more information than it's acknowledged all along.
Deal on 9/11 Briefings Lets White House Edit Papers
November 14, 2003
By PHILIP SHENON
WASHINGTON, Nov. 13 — The commission investigating the Sept. 11 terror attacks said on Thursday that its deal with the White House for access to highly classified Oval Office intelligence reports would let the White House edit the documents before they were released to the commission's representatives.
2 on 9/11 Panel Are Questioned on Earlier Security Roles
January 15, 2004
New York Times
By ERIC LICHTBLAU and JAMES RISEN
WASHINGTON, Jan. 14 - The executive director of the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks has become a witness in the inquiry and has been interviewed by his own staff about his involvement in shaping the Bush administration's early counterterrorism strategy, officials said on Wednesday.
In addition, one of the 10 commissioners on the panel, a deputy attorney general in the Clinton administration, was also interviewed this week. The unusual dual roles of the director, Philip D. Zelikow, and the commissioner, Jamie S. Gorelick, have raised fresh questions about potential conflicts ofinterest in the commission, which has been dogged by concerns about its independence since it was created in 2002.
Kissinger Promises to Drop Clients if Interests Conflict
December 2, 2002
By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE
WASHINGTON, Dec. 1 — Former Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger, appointed last week by President Bush to lead an independent investigation into the Sept. 11 attacks, said today that he would sever ties with any of his global clients if they presented conflicts of interest.
9-11 Commission Funding Woes
Questions arise concerning the administration's funding of the congressional investigation into the September 11th attacks
Wednesday, Mar. 26, 2003
By TIMOTHY J. BURGER
Is the Bush White House trying to put the brakes on the congressional panel created last fall to investigate 9-11 attacks? Sources tell TIME that the White House brushed off a request quietly made last week by the 9-11 Commission Chairman Tom Kean, the Republican former governor of New Jersey, to boost his budget by $11 million. Kean had sought the funding as part of the $75 billion supplemental spending bill that the president just requested to pay for war with Iraq. Bush's recent move has miffed some members of the 9-11 panel.
Families of the Victims of the World Trade Center claim coverup
Related Documentaries featuring the victims families:
Continue evidence on dc911truth.org
TABLE OF CONTENTS
9/11 Report Falsehoods
False Flag Operations
Sept 11 Operation Facts
Links to more 9/11 Truth
DC 9/11 Truth releases latest brochure
View/Print brochure PDF (2 pages)
Quality prints available from DC 9/11 Truth in bulk. Order a batch of 200 professionally printed brochures for $15 (7.5 cents each, at cost), plus shipping.